Back to all packages
SQL Server Management Studio is a software application first launched with the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 that is used for configuring, managing, and administering all components of Microsoft SQL Server.
The Microsoft SQL Server package allows you to monitor your SQL Server database and send data to Bizeo.
- Check if Agent Service is running
- Check if Report Service is running
- Check how much space a server is using
Activating your SQL Server Management Studio package
- Install the package on your drone.
If you have more than one drone, you'll need to decide which to assign the SQL Server Management Studio package to (if you haven't already done so). If you have only one drone, you can skip this step.
- Open your 'Bizeo Settings' application. To do this, either right-click the Bizeo indicator icon on your Windows toolbar (which may be inside the collapsed group under the small arrow near your clock) or launch it from your Windows Start Menu.
- Click on the Installed Packages tab. You should see your SQL Server Management Studio package here. Click on the 'Add new data source' button.
- Set up a data source to connect to your SQL Server:
- Create a name for your data source.
- Select the SQL Server where your database is located.
- If you use SQL authentication to log in to the SQL server, leave the 'Windows Authentication' checkbox unchecked, and enter your SQL username and password.
- If you use Windows authentication to log in to the SQL server, check the 'Windows Authentication' checkbox, and enter your Windows password.
- Click the 'Test Connection' button to ensure Bizeo can access the database. If your connection test is successful, click the 'Finish' button to save your data source. If the connection test fails, check your credentials.
- After saving your data source, you're ready to set up a task in your Bizeo account.
Using your SQL Server Management Studio package
When adding a new task in Bizeo:
- Select the Drone on which you've installed the package and configured the data source.
- Select the data source you have just set up.
- Select a KPI and set the parameters, and save your task. Bizeo will be displaying your data in no time!
- Repeat for each KPI you want to monitor.